This past week, I spent time on the island of Oahu. Before I left, I never really thought it was possible to "forget" what it was like to be inspired by something besides the internet. My vacation refreshed my views on what it means to "bring your ideas to life", and truly stick to your personal style as an artist. If only I could travel more often. Cheers, to new places.
You know that place between graduating from school, and finding a job? Yeah, that's where I'm at right now, and to be honest, I'm loving it. I've had more time than ever to rekindle friendships, pick up new hobbies, and partake in plenty of self-care. But as we all know, all good things must come to an end. Considering how this will be my last summer before I become a Working Woman, I've decided to milk it for all it's worth, do something crazy...and, you know, appreciate things like these:
1. Fishtail braids
2. Cute dresses
4. Finding reasons to celebrate
Thank you to my beautiful friends, K and K, for being such amazing models!
dress: Urban Outfitters //accessories: c/o Kitsch //nail polish: 'And a Cherry On Top' Sephora by OPI
A trend that I've been admiring a lot lately is dainty jewelry. It makes a statement with little effort, and its versatility allows it to be styled in a number of ways. Here are some of my favorite tips and tricks on how to achieve different looks with dainty jewelry:
- Layer multiple necklaces (about 2-3) for a more elaborated look.
- Wear multiple dainty rings on different fingers for a more trendy look, or a single ring for a more classic look.
- Stick to one color/metal (e.g., gold) when wearing multiple dainty jewelry items for a more polished look.
- Mix metals to appear more eclectic and unpredictable.
*Jewelry in this post is c/o Kitsch. All opinions are my own.