Batiste Dry Shampoo Review

    |
batiste, dry shampoo, batiste dry shampoo review, lifestyle blogger, second day hair ideas, favorite hair products, must have beauty products, drugstore beauty products
After having a conversation with a professional hairstylist about the damaging effects of washing your hair every day, I decided it was time to invest in a bottle of dry shampoo.

What and Why
Dry shampoo is a powder used to soak up excess oil and achieve more volume.

The Brand
After a little bit of research, I found a popular brand to be Batiste. It had high ratings and was named a drugstore dry shampoo on multiple websites. I found mine at Ulta for $7.99. Be sure to look for their $3 off of $10 if you decide to buy it there.

Pros and Cons
Pros: The product does what it claims. It soaks up grease, smells good, and it's super easy to spray.
Cons: I made the mistake of using way too much the first time, and my head got really itchy. Also, powder comes out white. So if you've got dark hair like me, be sure to rub it in a little more than necessary.
batiste
An Extra Note
The thing with dry shampoo is that it's only there to make your hair appear less greasy. For me, my hair still felt kind of gross (I've used Batiste on 2nd, as well as 3rd day hair), but it looked completely fine. I would totally buy this product again, though, because it does its job.

Rating
4/5 stars... I love everything about this product, but wish the powder came out more translucent.

photo 1 by SWEATshirt DRESSshirt, photo 2 via here

3 comments

Eleanor said...

I've been using batiste for what seems like forever! such a/lifesaver! they came out with their brunette and blonde versions a few years ago and they're great! my hair is really dark too so i use the darkest brunette one - no more white powder!!
xxx
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

aka Bailey said...

I've heard really good things about Batiste! I picked up a Dove brand dry shampoo, and it's ok. I think I made the same mistake you did the first time - used too much! The second time I used it, I used less and made sure to rub it into my roots with the palm of my hand. It worked much better that time! I agree that it would be way better if they could make one that doesn't end up so white.

Bailey
aka Bailey

JoaNNa said...

I saw this on my local drug store before and have yet to try it. Been wanting to try dry shampoo but I just don't know which one to get. Thanks for the review! I think I'll get this brand considering the affordable price :)