Birthday Lunches and Seattle

    |
poquitos, poquitos in seattle, birthday lunch, seattle restaurant ideas, mexican food in seattle, mexican food, authentic mexican food, rainy seattle picture

For G's birthday this year, I took him to Poquitos, a Mexican restaurant in Seattle. It was pouring down rain, so as soon as we found parking (the biggest challenge of that day), we were eager to get inside.

G ordered a torta, and I had the fish tacos. The torta came out cut in half, with each portion face-down in a thin layer of soup, and the fish tacos, you'll see a picture of below. The fish tacos were amazing, with pickled cabbage, salsa, just the right amount of cilantro, and a splash of lime juice. I'm a huge fan of bold flavors, and this dish definitely had my approval. G liked his torta as well, and after having a bite of it, I would say that it was just as good as my order.

The restaurant's website claims for their food to be "authentic Mexican", and even though I'm no expert, I'd say they did a pretty darn good job.

poquitos, poquitos in seattle, birthday lunch, seattle restaurant ideas, mexican food in seattle, mexican food, authentic mexican food

poquitos, poquitos in seattle, birthday lunch, seattle restaurant ideas, mexican food in seattle, mexican food, authentic mexican food

3 comments

aka Bailey said...

Mmm the fish tacos look delish!!

Bailey

floating thru fields said...

wow that looks amazing :)

JoaNNa said...

that looks so good!!