6 Creative (And Easy!) Ways to Wrap Your Gifts

    |
giftwrap
images via 1234

Something I love just as much as handmade gifts is customized gift wrap. With the holidays right around the corner, I've been experimenting a lot with different materials and styles. In this post, you will find some of my favorites!

1. Add a spruce garnish. I originally heard about this idea via my friend K, who will be wrapping all of her presents this way, this year!
2. Baker's twine. This stuff has really grown on me. I especially love it when paired with parcel paper.
3. A mug. This would work well for flowers (both real and fake), chocolates, t-shirts, and other small things.
4. Newsprint. I used to do this all the time. You can also use book pages... but then again, who would want to rip up a book?
5. Ribbon. As seen in the picture below, you can go crazy... or stay simple.
6. If you don't feel like using a traditional gift wrapping bow (you know, those ones that have been around forever), try making your own paper pom. There's a tutorial below. Just click on the link marked "6"!

Happy Crafting!

giftwrap2
images via 5/ 6

2 comments

aka Bailey said...

I love the brown paper wrapping in the first picture - I'm thinking of using that kind of paper on all my gifts this year, and using some hemp cord as ribbon. I have to send all of my presents all the way to Massachusetts from Vancouver, so I can't add any fun spruce or bow details :( I love this idea for a blog post, by the way. And I don't think I told you, but I really like your blog redesign too :)

Bailey
aka Bailey

aki! said...

I've been wrapping things in lush newspapers the past few years. Their pages of bathbombs are gorgeous.

7% Solution