DIY Macrame Wall Hanging

    |
diy macrame wall hanging, crotchet, wall art, bohemian decor

As some of you know, I recently started a new job, where I was given my own office. Aside from the work itself, one of the things I was most excited about was getting to decorate. After extensive brainstorming and research, I decided on a natural, bohemian, playful theme.

Going with the bohemian theme is this DIY macrame wall hanging. I want to take a moment to say 'thanks' to my friends K1, K2, and their dad for helping me out a -ton- with this project.

We used this tutorial with the following alterations:
-- I got my rope from Home Depot. It was kind of pricey ($18 for 200'), and hard to work with because of how slick it was. Something I didn't know was that they actually make something called "macrame rope", which is much softer, easier to work with, and actually intended for this kind of stuff. You can get it at your local craft store for under $5. I highly recommend going with this option.

-- Instead of finishing off the ends of the wall hanging with double hitch knots, we opted for fishtail braids for a more unique, feminine look.

-- To better achieve the vibe I was going for, I added a fake fern, and a few mini daisies.

diy macrame wall hanging, crotchet, wall art, bohemian decor
diy macrame wall hanging, crotchet, wall art, bohemian decor
scissors via Amazon, tools via Home Depot, flowers via Micheal's

2 comments

aka Bailey said...

This is really pretty - I love that you added in the greenery and flowers :)

Bailey
aka Bailey

floating thru fields said...

cute idea love the flowers woven in
congratulations on your new job :)