6 Beauty Products That Make Life Easier

    |
6 Beauty Products That Make Life Easier, boscia black mask, sally hansen quick dri top coat, insta-dri top coat, sugar lip balm, beauty blender cleanser solid, batiste dry shampoo fresh, stila stay all day liquid lipstick in beso, top rated beauty products 2014

I'm not much of a beauty junkie, but when I find out about products that actually do what they say, I'm all over them. In the past two years, especially, I was introduced to a number of products, with six in particular that stand out. It's funny actually. More than half of the products I actually got for free, or as gifts.

1. Sugar Lip Treatment $22.50- I remember getting a set of these from Sephora as a "birthday gift". I didn't care much for them at the time, and was much more excited about getting something for free. I later learned to appreciate them, and what they could actually do. This lip balm is hands down one of the best I've ever tried. A bit pricey, yes. But you really get what you pay for. It's thick, moisturizing, and lasting. 

2. Boscia Black Mask $34.00- I was introduced to this product by my BFF, R, when we lived together in college. She swore by it, and up until now, I was much too frugal to invest in it. The only thing that got me to give in, and splurge was the fact that I was in Hawaii, where the sales tax was under 5%. It's like a pore strip, but for your whole face.

3. Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat $5.99- My friend K purchased this almost a year ago and couldn't stop raving about it. It dries your nails in under a minute, even if your polish is layered on super thick. I used this top coat in the manicure you see above. My nails went without a single chip for an entire week! I finally got a bottle of my own this past Christmas from E, and will definitely be going back for more once I run out.

4. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 'Beso' $22.00 - I got this as a gift from my friend K. She got it for free after spending a certain amount of money at Ulta, and didn't end up liking it. I can honestly say that this is the best lip stain I have ever tried. I layer it on over my Sephora 'The Red' matte lipstick, blot it a few times, add a layer of lip balm, and it lasts for hours. I went out to lunch with R, and still had most of it on after eating a prosciutto, arugula, and red pepper aoli sandwich! 

5. Beauty Blender Cleanser Solid $15.95- My friend N got me one of these for Christmas. I was skeptical at first, because after all, how different could it be from regular soap? Little did I know, it was -very- different. I used it to clean one of my brushes, and it was literally squeaky clean. You know that squeaky feeling your skin gets after you use a really great soap? Yeah, that's the result I got after washing my concealer brush. To top things off, my skin also started to clear up.

6. Batiste Dry Shampoo $7.99- My friends K1 and K2 were the first people to introduce me to dry shampoo. At first, I didn't like the idea of not washing my hair every day, but after learning the importance of preserving the natural oils on your head, I started to force myself into skipping washes a habit. The reviews I read online mentioned Batiste to be the most effective, yet affordable brand. After getting my first bottle at Ulta, I never looked back on my old ways.
6 Beauty Products That Make Life Easier, boscia black mask, sally hansen quick dri top coat, insta-dri top coat, sugar lip balm, beauty blender cleanser solid, batiste dry shampoo fresh, stila stay all day liquid lipstick in beso, top rated beauty products 2014

3 comments

Susy Valencia said...

the black mask seems like something I'd try. I better get my researching cap on!

aka Bailey said...

I have heard good things about Batiste dry shampoos from lots of different people - they must really be outstanding!

Bailey
aka Bailey

floating thru fields said...

cool love your pink nails :)
and yay a great dry shampoo!!