Layering with Chambray

    |
nordstrom b.p. sweater, gold spike necklace, chambray shirt, how to style a chambray shirt, how to layer with a chambray shirt, bamboo tablet art, geometric digital drawings, moorea seal jewelry, black jolt jeggings, winter outfit ideas, how to accessorize with gold jewelry

chambray shirt: Urban Outfitters (old) //sweater: Nordstrom B.P. (no longer available)//eye ring: Moorea Seal //thumb ring: Charming Charlie //necklace: Nordstrom (similar here) //sunglasses: Moorea Seal //jeggings: Jolt via Nordstrom B.P.

Confession: I've been terrible at keeping a consistent blogging schedule lately because I've been exhausted with work. I took these outfit photos last weekend, and finally got around to editing them yesterday. Before I started my job, I thought to myself, "Hah, blogging can't be that hard on top of a job. I'm going to work 40 hours, make at least three posts a week, and still be able to 'have it all' (props to those who watched 30 Rock!)" Even though I've been doing it for years, I never really realized how much time it took to plan and execute a post. Being a perfectionist doesn't really help either... buuut as tired as I am at the end of the day, my love for blogging, and designing, and the  kind feedback I get from all of you (especially on here, and Instagram!) are the things that keep me going. So, thanks for the encouragement! Really. :)

I was excited to show you guys this post today because it's of an outfit I've been obsessed with lately. I've had this chambray shirt for a year or two, and haven't ever really styled it with anything besides black jeggings and tall boots, mostly because I was never a fan of the alternative-- layering with sweaters and sweatshirts. I felt like the look was too masculine for me, but recently, decided to give this trend another chance. I got this sweater for Christmas from my mom, and paired with the chambray shirt, and a few of my favorite gold accessories, the outfit suddenly became a million times more feminine. Talk about the impact of jewelry.

What are some of your favorite ways to wear chambray button-ups? And-- how do you balance work and blogging?

nordstrom b.p. sweater, gold spike necklace, chambray shirt, how to style a chambray shirt, how to layer with a chambray shirt, bamboo tablet art, geometric digital drawings, moorea seal jewelry, black jolt jeggings, winter outfit ideas, how to accessorize with gold jewelry


nordstrom b.p. sweater, gold spike necklace, chambray shirt, how to style a chambray shirt, how to layer with a chambray shirt, bamboo tablet art, geometric digital drawings, moorea seal jewelry, black jolt jeggings, winter outfit ideas, how to accessorize with gold jewelry


nordstrom b.p. sweater, gold spike necklace, chambray shirt, how to style a chambray shirt, how to layer with a chambray shirt, bamboo tablet art, geometric digital drawings, moorea seal jewelry, black jolt jeggings, winter outfit ideas, how to accessorize with gold jewelry, teacup succulents, gold teacup from starbucks

teacup: Starbucks 2013 holiday collection

2 comments

aka Bailey said...

I balance work and blogging by ignoring my boyfriend for about 3 hours every night while I tap away at my computer - writing blogs or editing images ;) It's hard but you squeeze in as much as you can, whenever you can!

Bailey
aka Bailey

floating thru fields said...

oh cool! love the chambray with that sweater and the necklace is killer :)
i know what you mean about working and blogging and still making/designing things just gotta do the best you can :)