Spring Pastels and Bling Birthday Party

    |
diy tissue paper tassels, spring birthday party, white and silver balloons, 25th birthday party, diy paper diamonds, diy fringe garland, diy party decorations

I've been itching to throw a party for the longest time, because of all the inspiration I was getting from Pinterest. My birthday just so happened to be last Friday, so I used it as an excuse to do so.

In my opinion, the decorations are what make a party (besides the company, of course). I managed to spend a little over $20 on mine. Here is the breakdown:

Tissue paper for tassels (tutorial here): $1 for 40 sheets via Dollar Tree
Gold tinsel: $1 via Dollar Tree
Balloons, 6 total: $10 via Party City
Tablecloth: $1 via Dollar Tree
Flowers: $7 via Trader Joe's
Paper + Glitter for diamonds: Free (already had this stuff at my house)

Later in the night, my friends and I enjoyed a taco bar, and chocolate fondue. B also made the most amazing triple lemon cheesecake. I couldn't have asked for a better celebration! A part of me wishes I could do this more often, but I've already run out of excuses to throw a party. Sometimes I think about how fun it would be to be a party planner, or a prop stylist. There's no way I could pick up another hobby with everything I'm doing now, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider it for the future.

I've never liked the quote, "You can do anything, but not everything", because as Liz Lemon always said, "I can have it all."

diy tissue paper tassels, spring birthday party, white and silver balloons, 25th birthday party, diy paper diamonds, diy fringe garland, diy party decorations

diy tissue paper tassels, spring birthday party, white and silver balloons, 25th birthday party, diy paper diamonds, diy fringe garland, diy party decorations

diy tissue paper tassels, spring birthday party, white and silver balloons, 25th birthday party, diy paper diamonds, diy fringe garland, diy party decorations

diy tissue paper tassels, spring birthday party, white and silver balloons, 25th birthday party, diy paper diamonds, diy fringe garland, diy party decorations, triple lemon cheesecake

diy tissue paper tassels, spring birthday party, white and silver balloons, 25th birthday party, diy paper diamonds, diy fringe garland, diy party decorations

6 comments

jaime @laviejaime said...

the diamonds are so cute! happy belated bday!

Mugdha G said...

I love the decorations (and the Liz Lemon quote)! Happy birthday, girl!

floating thru fields said...

a cute & modern combo, Happy BDAY :)

aka Bailey said...

Looks like it was perfect!! I loved your diamond decorations :) Happy birthday!!

Justine said...

Happy belated birthday!
That cake looks so yummy!!!

aki! said...

You are so good at this! I wish I could be!

7% Solution